An introduction to porphyry Cu-Au exploration, Orange District.
This course will provide field-based training to allow the participant to begin exploration for porphyry Cu-Au deposits. It will be run in the Orange area NSW, mapping field exposures and drill core from the Cargo and Copper Hill exploration projects, and drill core from the Cadia-Rideway and North Parkes porphyry Cu-Au deposits. Mapping will emphasise the identification of porphyry veins styles, alteration styles, mineralisation, structure and lithologic variations. Introductory lectures will include: the staged evolution of porphyry systems which includes the role of alteration, structure and breccias, and moves on to the exploration environment including the erosion level above an ore zone and also mapping techniques.
Cost: $3500 (+GST) pp and 10 places for unemployed geologists at $1500 (+GST) pp.
Fees include accommodation, bus travel, meals and (take home) field equipment.
Also the AIG has agreed to sponsor several of the places for unemployed members - contact your local state branch for details.
Places: Limited to 25
Duration: September 2017 with an agenda is as follows:
- Sat 9/9 -arrive by midday with an afternoon of lectures (compulsory).
- Sun 10/9 - Cargo porphyry Cu prospect - 1:500 scale mapping.
- Mon 11/9 - Copper Hill porphyry prospect – mapping & log drill core.
- Tues 12/9 - Cargo porphyry Cu prospect –log drill core
- Wed 13/9 - Cadia Ridgeway Porphyry Cu-Au deposit- log drill core.
- Thurs 14/9 - Goonumbla porphyry Cu-Au deposit - log core.
Evening Lectures might include (1-2hours):
- Porphyry Cu-Au genetic models.
- GIS footprints for porphyry Cu-Au exploration.
- Porphyry deposit case studies.
For further information email: email@example.com
Please note that CMC reserves the right to cancel this event should minimum attendance numbers not be met. Registrations will close on the 1/8/2017 to ensure accommodation bookings and equipment is order in adequate time.